The Therma Tech™ R 9 is first in our Therma Tech™ line of insulated raised steel panel steel doors that adds to Northwest Door’s reputation for quality, value and stylish designs. Four wood grain textured panel designs are available; Contemporary Flush (Model 108), Traditional Panel or short raised panel (Model 118), Ranch Panel (Model 128) and Carriage Panel (Model 10C). Doors are hot-dipped galvanized, primed then pre-painted in one of four standard colors: Bright White, Almond, Sandstone, and Brown. Our Carriage Panel (Model 10C) and Ranch Panel (Model 128) are now both available in a Dark and Medium wood grain finish. Choose from a wide selection of window designs.
CONSTRUCTION: The Therma Tech™ line is made from hot dipped galvanized wood grain textured steel skins that are embossed with one of four panel designs then sandwiched with a (EPS) polystyrene core. This type of construction forms a true thermal barrier between front and back of door. 20 gauge steel backer plates are toggle locked to the inside of the back skin prior to assembly. Exterior skins are secured to a (EPS) polystyrene core with Urethane adhesive, a method of construction that is unparalleled in strength. Four series: (1) Therma Tech™ (2) Therma Tech II™ (3)Therma Max™ (4) Tri Tech™
- Section Joint: Tongue and Groove joint between sections with Thermal Break
- Flexible Vinyl Joint Seal on Therma Tech II, Therma Max, and Tri Tech
- Thickness / R Value
- Therma Tech, 1-1/2″ thick EPS, *R=9
- Therma Tech II, 2″ thick EPS, *R=10.4
- Therma Max, 2″ thick High Density EPS, *R=12
- Tri Tech, 3″ thick High Density EPS, *R=16
* R values are calculated specifically for the colder climates and offer the best long term insulating value.
- Panel Types / Size
- Contemporary Flush Wood Grain
- Traditional Panel size: 20″x14″
- Ranch Panel size: 42″x14″
- Carriage Panel size: 19″x15″
- Finish: Baked on polyester enamel
- Colors selection: Bright White, Brown, Almond, Sandstone
- Bottom weather seal: U-shape loop type vinyl with adjustable aluminum retainer
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Widths up to 20′ in one inch increments, heights up to 14′ in three inch increments
- Up to 12 Window Designs
- Powder Coated Hardware
- Decorative Hardware for T10C Carriage Style
- 1/8″ clear annealed glass standard, clear obscure and insulated glass optional
- Extended Life 25,000, 50,000 & 100,000 cycle torsion springs
- Low clearance, high lift or vertical lift track and hardware also available
HARDWARE: 15″ or 12″ radius torsion hardware; track is 2″ bracket mounted. Quiet long life nylon rollers, non corrosive door fixtures and graduated hinges are standard. U-shaped galvanized struts are supplied with every double car door to keep the door rigid.
* The actual color may slightly vary from what you are seeing, depending on the color calibration of your computer monitor.